BE UP ABOUT LIFE
Let’s change the pace a little!
A little spiritual and scriptural admonition mid-week may do us some good! For sure, it won’t hurt.
It is a fact that our days are not always filled with sugar & spice and everything nice!
Many of us have drama filled days!
Drama can of course cause anxieties and stress!
Our drama and accompanying stress can come from many places; some obvious; some not. The leading sources of drama, anxiety, and stress come from - work, friends, children, spouse, family, financial hiccups, the unknown, worry, fear - among other things.
Need I name more?
Lest not forget that drama cannot only stress you out, raise your dandruff and your blood pressure, cause anxiety attacks...but it can also cloud your thinking where you can’t clearly think. In other words, it can bring you down!
So today, it’s time to strip off that weight that burdens us down; it’s time to move forward; it’s time to be lifted up.
Let‘s do it!
Here we go!
Motivational and uplifting, I share with you “The Seven Ups of Life.”
1. Wake Up ! Decide to have a good day. “Today is the day the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalms 118:242.
2. Dress Up ! The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. “The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance; but the Lord looks at the heart.” I Samuel 16:73.
3. Shut Up! Say nice things and learn to listen. “Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise.” Proverbs 19:204.
4. Stand Up ! For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything. “Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good…” Galatians 6:9-10
5. Look Up ! To the Lord. “I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:136.
6. Reach Up ! For something higher. “…keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.” Colossians 3:17.
7. Lift Up ! Your Prayers. “Do not worry about anything; instead PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING.” Philippians 4:6
For certain, being up is better than its alternative – being down!
As we put our best foot forward, let’s engulf our being with Mt. Everest assurances that there are better days ahead. God created us to be happy not sad.
Let‘s do the best that we can do under our circumstances to lift ourselves up above our problems.
It’s worth a try! Photo credit: www.changeforaquarter.com